We believe in sustainable development and to attain this goal, we have formulated procedures and
practices to protect our environment. GSI 's EHS policy and objectives are displayed openly as a sign of our pride and commitment and as a clear reminder of our focus and direction.
The highlights of EHS policy are:
- Systematically identify, prevent or minimize key EHS impacts of our operations products
- Assure all required protective equipments are in place and available as applicable.
- Appropriately train and educate our management, our workers, our suppliers and
customers, and other stakeholders on relevant environmental, Health & Safety issues.
- Comply with applicable regulatory requirements as a minimum and apply relevant and
appropriate international best practices.
- Set targets for improving our safety and environmental performance, and insist that line
management be accountable for achieving these targets.
- Integrate EHS&S considerations with other business priorities.
- Encourage key business partners to implement EHS policies and requirements that are
consistent with those of GSI, and conform to internationally recognize environmental
- Assign and empower all concerned personnel with responsibilities and accountabilities as
applicable to assure proper implementation of the policies and procedures.
We are committed to environmental stewardship across the value chain. Our manufacturing facility is
We have the solvent and water recovery process, to make the maximum utilization of resources and reducing wastes.
In recognition of our efforts in the best environment practices, GSI is bestowed with the best
environmental performance award by the regulatory agency, the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu.
We leave no stone unturned to ensure the safety of our workers and the environment. We have
stringent pro-environment, pro-employee policies and maintain complete transparency in our activities.
Safety awareness is a key factor for successful safety performance and in view of this GSI has
implemented the STOP programme to make one-to-one communication about un-safe practices.
We have an Emergency response management plan and the plant is well equipped to meet any type of emergencies.
At a macro level, we are a member of the Jubail Area Mutual Aid Association (JAMAA) participating in emergency programmes.